In case you missed the news, my wife and I had a new baby a few weeks ago. If you are counting, that makes three kids now. I know some of you are particular about weeks, so it was three weeks ago my new son was born. We are not one of those couples that says, "Our baby is 452 weeks old." If you are, great, my mind just doesn't work that way and I can't count do that addition on a moments notice. Regardless, I thought it would be fun to send my daughter to school with a lunch from me AND her new brother. I wanted her to remember that not only does her daddy love her, her baby brother does as well!
This is actually a very simple lunch and is made in an Easy Lunch Boxes container. I also just returned from a day at the Fancy Food Show in San Francisco. They decided to give me a press pass so I was able to get in and see a bunch of new food products that I am so excited to introduce you to. Unfortunately for you, this will have to wait for a bit. I know, mean, aren't I? Have a great week, and make sure you are following me on Twitter and Pinterest so you can get all my updates, I have been on both sites quite a bit lately!
--2 slices whole wheat bread
--1 hard boiled egg, peeled
--1 slice cheddar cheese
--3 leaves of lettuce
--1 piece of turkey meat
--1 serving fat-free Greek yogurt
--1 handful dried fruit (I used cranberries and blueberries)
--1 piece of string cheese
--1 small piece of dried mango
--black food coloring
1. Cut baby head out of bread slice. Its just an oval with ears. Cut another piece in the shape of chest and arms. It looks like a capital "P." The last piece is the last legs and they are just an "L." Use the first three pieces to cut out a copy of each one.
2. Trim hard boiled egg on one side so it resembles a diaper as shown in picture.
3. Cut the letters "I" and "U" out of cheddar cheese.
4. Slice strawberries in half and trim them into the shape of a heart.
5. Use lettuce to cover the background and place turkey under the lettuce.
6. Draw simple facial features on with black food coloring and a toothpick. Arrange bread pieces on top of lettuce with hard boiled egg as the diaper. Put in cheese letters with one strawberry heart.
7. The bread, turkey, and cheese can be put together to make a sandwich. In one side dish place most of the strawberries with the Greek yogurt on top of them. Put last two strawberry hearts on top of the yogurt.
8. Cut string cheese to fit in a second side dish. Draw on the word "milk" with black food coloring and a toothpick. Cut a simple nipple shape out dried mango and secure to top of string cheese with a toothpick. This make the bottle. Place dried fruit in the dish and then put the bottle on top of that. This sounds like a lot of directions but believe me they are easy and go quickly. Have fun!