Bonus Lunch: Finding Nemo. This lunch is based on possibly the best Pixar movie of all-time: Finding Nemo. The one character I couldn't get in the lunch that I wish I could have was the seagulls (mine, mine, mine). They crack me up every time! If you haven't seen this movie, go watch it now. Wait! Finish reading this blog post, then go watch it. This lunch is made in a Planet Box lunch box. Stay tuned for my review of this box, it will be out soon. So check out the directions below, and remember fish are friends not...ok in this case they are food!
Have fun making this lunch and be creative to arrange it how you think it will work best. Leave me your comments below and let me know what you think the best Pixar movie is. Remember to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!
1 serving goldfish shaped crackers
1 serving shell shaped pasta, cooked
1 piece broccoli
3 snap peas
3 pieces dried mango, 1 piece dried green mango
2 pieces cheddar cheese
1 handful of dried berries
1 Tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
1 yogurt-covered raisin
1 package blue Jello, prepared in meal container
Black and orange food coloring or food coloring markers
- Cut a circular shaped head and fins out of dried mango for Nemo, as shown in picture. Cut one yogurt-covered raisin in half for eyes. Arrange fins behind head on top of blue Jello in container. Place eyes on Nemo’s face.
- Mix equal parts yellow, blue, and red food coloring in a small bowl to make the color black. Dip the end of a toothpick in the black coloring and use it to draw the details on Nemo’s fins and head. Cut a small strip of green mango (it’s white!). Outline in black and place on head. Draw details on eyes with black and orange food coloring. Use food color markers if desired.
- Cut cheddar cheese into three small star shapes. Put shell pasta in container and set cheese stars on top of pasta.
- Trip snap peas into five small pieces for turtle fins and head. Put graham cracker crumbs in container and arrange snap peas on top. Place broccoli on snap peas to look like a turtle shell as shown in picture. Make eyes on turtle face with black food coloring. Surround with dried berries.
- Depending on your container, arrange all the elements as desired. You can buy a lunch box like the one shown in the picture at planetbox.com.