As always, post your comments for me and let me know the best way that you have found to hard boil eggs and peel them. Any tips and tricks to it? Remember to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Check out my vdeo tutorials on YouTube as well. Have a "Nightmare" of a week!
1 frozen slice of whole wheat bread
Yellow, blue, and red food coloring and/or food coloring markers
6 red grapes
2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
1/2 Tbsp. fat-free strawberry cream cheese
1 serving grape jelly
1 round slice of white cheese
2-3 leaves of romaine lettuce
1 small piece of nori (dried seaweed)
- Cut swirly hill out of a slice of frozen bread. Cover swirly hill with grape jelly.
- Cut small slice off the back of each hard boiled egg so they will lay flat. Trim both slices into ears for Zero the dog as shown in picture.
- Mix equal parts yellow, blue, and red food coloring in a small bowl to make the color black. Dip the end of a toothpick in the black coloring and use it to draw the details on the two hard-boiled egg faces (Jack and Zero). Place small dab of strawberry cream cheese on Zero’s face for his nose.
- Using small scissors, cut the nori into the shape of a small girl (Sally), similar to the one in the picture. It doesn’t have to be exact, just do your best!
- Place lettuce leaves in the container as background. Set circular slice of cheese in the middle as the moon. Put in the swirly hill in the bottom right corner. Place the two eggs as shown. Set the girl above the hill, as if she’s standing on it.
- Lay the grapes along the bottom in a line. If desired, cut a few of the grapes into cross shapes like tombstones.