I made McQueen out of an egg sheet. It is a really easy thing to do and I go the idea from another blogger. Here is the link for the recipe: Egg Sheet. I made it, then cut it out into his shape. It is really easy to cut (the actual shape was a little difficult), hopefully my daughter will like it!
If you have any bright ideas for how to do it better, please let me know. This one took too long, but at least I had fun doing it! Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter and tell your friends!
2 frozen slices of whole wheat bread
Yellow, blue, and red food coloring
1 piece of fresh spinach
2 slices of white cheese
1 slice of cheddar cheese
4 slices black olives
2-3 leaves of iceberg lettuce
1 handful of dried raspberries
4 dried apricots
1 egg sheet, dyed red
- Cut Mater out of the slices of bread. Cut his square eyes and teeth out of white cheese. use two small rectangle scraps of bread for his rear view mirrors.
- Trim Lightning McQueen out of the egg sheet using the template as a guide. Use picture to cut out shapes for the windows, headlights, and mouth. Cut two lightning bolts, one large and one small, out of cheddar cheese.
- Place lettuce leaves in the container as the background.
- Mix equal parts yellow, blue, and red food coloring in a small bowl to make the color black. Dip the end of a toothpick in the black coloring and use it to draw the details on McQueen’s car body, eyes, hood decoration, mouth, and lightning bolt. Use blue food coloring for his eyes.
- Repeat to decorate Mater’s details on the truck body and eyes. Write KA-CHOW on the large lightning bolt.
- Place Mater in the upper right corner and arrange parts as shown in picture. Put McQueen in the lower part of container and arrange his parts. In the upper left corner, place dried apricots. Put large lightning bolt on top.
- Finish by sprinkling dried raspberries along the bottom of the container.