Disclosure: I have partnered with Life of Dad, LLC for the #ShroomTember promotion. Sponsored by The Mushroom Council, the #ShroomTember promotion gives anybody the chance to win a $500 Visa gift card.
The hole in the wall pizza parlor is gone now but my craving for this pie is not. This month is #ShroomTember and in our house and we celebrated by creating our own mouth watering pesto pizza made perfect by topping it with mushrooms. The great thing about this recipe is it takes less than 30 minutes to make! It's the perfect midweek meal for busy families. My family (including my kids) couldn't get enough of it.
The Mushroom Council and LifeofDad.com are actually going the extra step to help families and by offering a contest this month for anyone to enter. Just follow the link below because they are giving away $500 each week to the best mushroom recipe. Just don't make anything better than my pizza, because I want to win this week!
To make my Mind Blowing Mushroom and Pesto pizza recipe, just follow along below and be prepared to fall in love. Remember this pizza takes less than 30 minutes to make so everyone has time for this.
Also check out #ShroomTember on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to see even more mushroom inspiration. When you are on those social media channels make sure and follow Lunchbox Dad, Life of Dad, and The Mushroom Council as well.
Assorted mushrooms (Portobello, Shitake, etc.)
1/3 cup pizza sauce
2/3 cup cheese
1 ready made pizza crust
1 TBSP crushed garlic spread
Sun dried tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to temperature recommended on the directions for your ready made pizza crust. We used a thin crust because it tasted better with the ingredients, took less time to cook, and is a little healthier. If you prefer regular pan style crust it will work just as well.
2. While your oven is heating up, slice your mushrooms and brown them in a pan on the stovetop. You could saute them in butter or white wine but we like just throwing them in the pan to brown. Stir regularly for about 5 minutes.
3. Smear a small amount of garlic spread on the crust. A little goes a long way!
4. Spread pizza sauce on crust and then distribute cheese on top of that. Place the cooked mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and sun dried tomatoes on top. The great thing about making your own pizza is that you can put as many toppings on it as you want! We like to make sure every topping can be tasted in most every bite so use the mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and sun dried tomatoes liberally!
5. Cook pizza according to directions on crust packaging. Let cool for 2-3 minutes and spoon pesto sauce on top. Don't use too much but make sure every piece will a some on it.
6. Serve, enjoy, and be prepared for your family to sing your praises. The only issue you will have is figuring out what to do with all of your extra time you have because of making this quick and easy recipe!