Back to School season is already here for many families. Because it's that crazy time of year again, I have some fun ideas for you to make the transition from summer to school easier. Last week I took my kids to see the Disney movie Planes Fire & Rescue. We had so much fun that I had to make some Planes lunches this week! Monday I posted my Dusty Crophopper lunch. You can see it HERE. Today is Windlifter flying over the burning forest. I had to put in trail mix again because it's pretty healthy and the movie takes place in the woods.
I made this lunch in an Easy Lunch Boxes container. Pacific Foods also sent me some food to try out so I included their Fruit Company Pears and organic almond milk in this lunch.
Remember to follow me on my social media channels for even more great back to school and parenting ideas. It's easy to find me, just click on my social media buttons to the right.
Whole Wheat Bread
Nori (dried seaweed)
Organic Almond Milk
Black food coloring or food color markers
1. Slice pear in half. Cut one large strip and two smaller strips from a tortilla. Draw facial features on pear and tortilla strips as shown in picture.
2. Cut two strips of whole wheat bread. Attach bread and tortilla on using toothpicks.
3. Cut slice of cheddar cheese into smaller flame shaped pieces. Place nori as background in main container. Next put cheese and then broccoli on top of that. Last, put Windlifter helicopter on top. Use the picture as your guide or come up with your own fun scene!
4. Arrange pepperoni or other reddish lunchmeat in side dish. Cut out the Planes name and logo from tortilla scraps and put on top. I used pepperoni because the Planes logo is red and I had it on hand.
5. In second side dish, put trail mix of your choice. I served the almond milk on the side for this lunch. It came in a convenient "juice box" type container from Pacific Foods.