HERE. Hopefully my daughter thinks with her stomach--just like Chewbacca did!
2 slices whole wheat bread
1 serving low fat creamy peanut butter
1 serving Nutella hazelnut spread
1 handful of blackberries
2 drops of fat-free cream cheese
Yellow, blue, and red food coloring or food coloring markers
- Cut a simple half “head” shape out of 2 slices of whole wheat bread as shown in picture.
- Spread Nutella around the edges of his face to make the darker fur. Use peanut butter to create the lighter fur. Use Nutella to make the darker “mustache” area above the mouth. Take a toothpick and blend the edges of light and dark together while also making lines to create a look of fur. This doesn’t have to be exact, because his fur is messy anyway!
- Mix equal parts yellow, blue, and red food coloring in a small bowl to make the color black. Dip the end of a toothpick in the black coloring and use it to draw the eyes, nose, and mouth details on Chewbacca’s face. Use drops of cream cheese for the teeth.
- Cut 3 slices from the banana. Trim the round slices into the shape of a Tie-Fighter as shown in the picture.
- Place the undecorated slice of bread in your container, then set the decorated slice on top of it. Arrange the blackberries and banana Tie-Fighters around Chewbacca’s head until you are satisfied with the placement. You might have to trim the blackberries to fit in the space provided.
#NationalStarWarsDay #Maythe4th National Star Wars Day #lbdbento