Where's Rey? Maybe you've heard the complaints about Rey and her lack of appearing in the Star Wars Force Awakens toy line. Well, if you can't find her in the stores, make her in a lunch! I tried something a little different in this lunch to create a little bit of a layering effect. I made a Rey sandwich that represents her scavenger outfit that she wore on the planet Jakku. Of course I also had to throw in BB-8 and also some light sabers.
To find out how I made it, read on below. By the way, I made this in an Easy Lunch Boxes container. Make sure and follow me on all my social media channels @lunchboxdad (or using the buttons on
the right). I share many different things that you won't find on my blog. Be careful, there has been an awakening.
1. Cut whole wheat bread into round face shape. Cut helmet, goggles, and shoulders of jacket out of flour tortilla. The outfit is a flowing shape so you just need to get an approximate shape. Use scraps on top to create a little depth. Paste it all together with a nut free spread.
2. Shape a small amount edible modeling dough into the facial features and goggle lenses. Alternately, you could use a small amount of food coloring. Place Rey sandwich in main compartment. Surround with granola to give that rocky desert feeling of Jakku.
3. Melt red and blue Wilton candy melts in dish. Dip in pretzel sticks. Remember to leave some pretzel for the handle of the light saber. Place on wax paper and let harden for a few minutes. In side dish put blackberries and top with pretzel light sabers.
4. Use Sharpie markers to draw the simple features of BB-8 on a hard boiled egg. You don't need to worry about the sides or back, just draw the front. Place in side dish and surround with raisins.
5. Serve to your Star Wars loving kids and watch their faces light up!