If your kids are like mine, they are always asking for screen time and wondering when they can get their first iPhone. Bear in mind my kids are 9, 5, and 2. I thought it would be fun if I gave them some iPhones like they had been asking for. Since I'm not independently wealthy, I came up with something that was the next best thing...an iPhone sandwich lunch. There was no way they could complain because it even came complete with an App Store!
If your kids are constantly asking for more screen time, give them something you can feel good about, an iPhone LUNCH! It's not only healthier than more screen time, but it's also giving something they have been asking about for awhile. I made this lunch in an Easy Lunch Boxes container with a Lunchbox Love note.
Ingredients: 2 slices whole wheat bread, sliced provolone cheese, your child's favorite
sandwich filling, apple slices, blueberries, banana, lemon wedge, raisins, cream cheese.
1. Cut the slices of bread into two rectangles. Cut slices of cheese into four strip. Then cut one small rectangle and one circle. Then cut the Apple logo as shown.
2. Put sandwich filling on one piece of bread. Top with other slice of bread. Place cheese pieces on top, as shown in picture. "Glue" them down using cream cheese to complete iPhone.
3. Place iPhone snadwich in main compartment and surround with apple slices.
4. Cut Facebook "F"and Snapchat ghost logo out of cheese. Drop blueberries in side compartment. Top with cheese "F."
5. Cut a slice of banana, leaving the peel on. Rub edges of banana (and apple slices) with lemon wedge to stop them from browning. Place cheese ghost on top of banana. Surround with raisins.
6. If desired, place a Lunchbox Love note on top. Bonus points if the note has to do with music to go with the iPhone!