Disclosure: This is a sponsored post partnering with Hungry Jack. I received compensation but all opinions expressed are solely my own.
Families are busier than ever before and it is so hard to find time to make meals when you are constantly on the go. One of my family's favorite breakfast creations are these make ahead freezable breakfast sandwiches! They are easy to make in bulk with Hungry Jack's NEW Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix With Protein and Hungry Jack Original Microwaveable Syrup is a great finishing touch. Once you have these delicious meals in your freezer, they can be heated up in a matter of minutes and eaten on the way to school, work, sporting events, or wherever else your busy life takes your clan. Read below to find out how to start making your family's breakfast life a whole lot easier!
Not only that but I am also giving away a Hungry Jack Prize Pack to two lucky readers! Read through my easy directions for these sandwiches and then enter the contest using the Rafflecopter widget below.
Ingredients: Hungry Jack's NEW Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix With Protein, Hungry Jack Original Microwaveable Syrup, eggs, bacon, sliced cheddar cheese.
1. Mix and cook waffles according to directions on Hungry Jack box. Cool waffles completely on rack. This is important as you don't want extra moisture in them when freezing.
2. Lay waffles on parchment paper on top of cooking sheet. Place in freezer and and make sure they freeze completely. This usually takes a few hours. If you have more than one layer of waffles, place parchment paper in between layers. This step is also a good time to cut the waffles if you are making half sandwiches for younger kids.
3. As waffles are freezing, cook your eggs and bacon as you normally would. I prefer scrambled eggs for these sandwiches but you can make them however your family likes. Place in container in the refrigerator to cool.
4. Once waffles are frozen, take them out and quickly put eggs, bacon, and cheese on one waffle. top with another waffle. Place sandwiches in freezer bags and put them into your freezer. You will want to do this step as fast as you can so the waffles do not defrost.
5. When you are ready to serve, heat the Hungry Jack Original Microwaveable Syrup bottle in your microwave. Directions are on the back and it only takes a minute or so. Take the desired number of sandwiches out of the freezer. wrap in a paper towel, and heat up in the microwave for about two minutes. Time will vary based on your microwave.
6. Remove top waffle from sandwich. Slowly pour warm Hungry Jack syrup on eggs, cheese, and bacon. Replace top waffle.
7. Rewrap sandwich in paper towel and serve. These are perfect for families to eat while on the way to school, the big game, or a morning at the park! Remember to enter my contest below so you can win your own Hungry Jack Prize Pack!
a Rafflecopter giveaway