This post has been sponsored by Campbell's Soup. I have been compensated but all opinions are my own.
We've all been there. The baby's screaming, the middle child has stolen the oldest kid's shoes, and the dog just helped himself to your family's entire lunch. Oh and by the way you need to get one child to their soccer game and the rest to their friend's house. It's almost as though you need four parents to get everything done. Or maybe just you and three security officers. That's where this build your own soup bar comes in. It's tasty, fast, can be prepped the night before, and even little kids can make a cup with a little help from adults!
The best part of this idea is that you don't even need to do the soup bar at home! Because it uses a Keurig machine and Campbell's Fresh Brewed Soup Kits you can even take it to sporting events, play dates at the park, or to the local amusement park for a dinner break in the parking lot! I'll show you how later in this post. But first, read on for the simple ingredient options to make your next hot meal easy and fun for the whole family.
Ingredients: Campbell's Fresh Brewed Soup Kit (Homestyle Chicken and Southwest Style Campbell's broth K-Cup pod), bacon pieces, shredded cheese, oyster crackers, tortilla
chips, frozen peas (they will heat up in the soup), avocado pieces.
1. Setup each ingredient in the list above on your counter. You will also need a Keurig machine, cups or thermos, and spoons. Make sure the Keurig has plenty of water and it is already turned on and warmed up.
2. Tear open Campbell's noodle packet that is included in the Campbell's Fresh Brewed Soup Kit, pour into cup, and place under spout on Keurig. Insert Campbell's broth K-Cup pod into machine and follow instructions. Be careful the soup is hot! Little ones will need adult help with this step.
3. Let kids put whatever ingredients they would like into their soup. The thing that makes this great is that this gives them choices so they can customize it however they like. Offer tips but make sure and let them have the freedom to make it their own, they are more likely to eat it if they see it as something that they chose.
4. Have them stir the soup well. It may need to sit for a minute to be fully ready. Once again, remember that the soup will be hot so make sure to have younger kids be careful with it. You may put a small ice cube in if the soup needs to be eaten immediately. It can also be taken to eat somewhere else if you have a lid for the cup or a thermal container.
Make sure to get more ideas and see how other families are using Campbell's Fresh Brewed Soup by searching #RealRealLife on social media. If you have your own tips and hacks tag it with that hashtag as well to help inspire others!
Optional Instructions to Make This Soup Bar Away From Home
1. This idea can easily be taken to sporting events and many other places where a hot cup of soup would make for an amazing meal! In many mini vans there are standard outlets to plug the Keurig right in. You might actually be able to find an outlet on location if you don't have one in your van. As long as you have power, you have a build your own soup bar!
2. Pack all of the cold ingredients in a plastic container and put in an ice chest. Put the Campbell's Fresh Brewed Soup kits in a bag with the cups and spoons. When loading the Keurig in the car, make sure it stands upright or the water will spill. You can also fill it up when you arrive at your destination.