Disclosure: This is a sponsored post partnering with National Honey Board. I received compensation but all opinions expressed are solely my own.
Let's be honest. Pizza is amazing for breakfast, lunch, break time, family dinner, solo dinner, late night snack, or dessert. Yes, that's right, I said dessert. Never had pizza for dessert? Let's fix that right here and now. I have partnered with National Honey Board to present you with my recipe for Red, White, and Blue Honey Fruit Pizza. I actually made this on the BBQ because it is so easy to grill a pizza. Since you can easily barbeque it, this pizza is perfect for National Grilling Month this July.
Your party guests will be amazed at your creativity in this out of the box idea that you had. You can go ahead and claim it as your own, I don't mind, you take the glory. The great thing is that by using honey it balances the dish complementing and enhancing the flavors of the fresh fruit with a touch of sweetness. Make sure and share this on social media for National Grilling Month! Also don't forget to check out honey.com for more great recipes that will delight you and your family.
Serves six people
1/2 Cup honey
2 TBS butter
2/3 Cup fat-free cream cheese
1 Cup blueberries
1 Cup strawberries, sliced
1 apple, diced
Your favorite fresh premade pizza dough
1. Preheat BBQ to specified temperature on your fresh premade pizza dough. Make sure and preheat your pizza stone as well. Divide pizza dough into thirds. Spread out each portion of dough, making three crusts.
2. Mix butter and 2 TBS honey. Set aside.
3. Blend together remaining honey and cream cheese. Place one crust on pizza stone.
4. After two minutes, spread 1/3 of honey butter on crust, making sure to gently flatten any bubbles in the dough.
5. After two more minutes, spoon 1/3 of honey/cream cheese mixture on top of crust. Cook for two additional minutes or until honey/cream cheese mixture is melted.
6. Remove pizza from heat and top with strawberries, blueberries, and apple. Let cool for a few minutes and serve.
7. Repeat with other two crusts. Each pizza will feed two people.