Disclosure: This is a sponsored post partnering with Smarty Pants Vitamins. I received compensation but all opinions expressed are solely my own.
You can't have much more fun than spending the day at the zoo. The animals, rides, and treats all work together to create such happy experiences. It's definitely one of our family's favorite places to visit. In fact, I can't think of many children who don't have a favorite animal or a fond memory from the zoo. One of my kids' favorite animals to visit at our local zoo are the sun bears. They are fascinating and fun to watch.
To celebrate that back to school time is almost here I thought I would make my kids a zoo lunch that includes a bear sandwich and balloons!
The really fun thing is what the balloons are made of. You thought they were fruit snacks didn't you? They are
actually Smarty Pants vitamins for kids. We recently started trying these with our kids and they love them! I like that they don't have any artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives. To see all the good stuff that is inside these you'll have to click here and go to the Smarty Pants website. Even beyond the nutrition, Smarty Pants also gives a 1-for-1 matching nutrient grant for every bottle of their vitamins bought. A company that makes healthy vitamins and gives them away? Now that's something I can get behind! Check out more from Smarty Pants on Facebook and Twitter.
Now go make this fun and easy zoo lunch for your children by following the directions below!
IngredientsSmarty Pants Vitamins
Strawberries, sliced in half
Whole wheat bread
Peanut or butter or nut-free spread
Directions1. Arrange sliced strawberries on the bottom of main dish.
2. Cut bread using animal shaped cookie cutter. I used a bear shape but you can use whichever one you would like. Spread peanut butter and honey on bottom piece. Place top piece over bottom piece. Use raisins under the top piece to make the facial features black.
3. Cut the letters Z-O-O from the provolone cheese. Slice background from cheddar cheese. Make sure and set aside one square of cheddar cheese and three strands of Provolone. Place sandwich and cheese where show in picture.
4. In side dish, place cheese and bread scraps. They make a great snack. Cover them with the square of cheddar cheese from previous step. Arrange Smarty Pants Vitamins and strands of cheese on top of cheddar cheese square as shown. Every kid likes balloons, right?
5. In second side dish drop in popcorn. Children love it hot or cold so don't worry about keeping the popcorn warm.
6. Serve to your children and watch them enjoy their zoo lunch! A great idea is to take it with you on a trip to the zoo. It can save money and be a nutritious alternative to the junk food they serve there!