Disclosure: Excited about working with Whirlpool on the #ItsAllCare campaign. I received compensation but all opinions expressed are my own. Check out more great content at Every day, care™.
It's one of the sayings that I remember most in elementary school. I couldn't wait for the rains to end each Spring and for the sun to come out in May. As an adult, I still feel the same way. The only difference is that I look forward to the sunshine so I can spend more outside time with my kids and wife. We love going to sporting events, amusement parks, or just walk to our local downtown area. Maybe you feel the same way about this time of year?
This lunch is all about showing my daughter that I care for her. In fact, each time she opens one of these special lunches, I know that she can see how much I care for her. I know there are some special ways that you show the people in your life that you care for them. Maybe it's through something you cook, or the way that you clean, or making sure your son's special shirt is washed when he needs it. That’s why I think it’s great Whirlpool launched the #ItsAllCare social program, which is asking people to share how you care for those around you. Go to whirlpool.com to find out more and share how you care on social media using #ItsAllCare.
Maybe you will even make this lunch for your kids? If so use the instructions below. You can even go to Whirlpool's Facebook page to see a timelapse video of me making this lunch!
Whole wheat bread
Peanut butter (or nut free spread)
Cheddar and Provolone cheese
Nori (dried seaweed)
1. Cut piece of bread in the shape of an umbrella. Repeat with second piece of bread. Spread peanut butter and jam on the bread and put together to make a sandwich. Break a piece off a pretzel and slide it into the sandwich with part hanging out like an umbrella handle.
2. Cover the bottom of the main container with blueberries. Place sandwich on top. Cut the letters "APRIL" out of a tortilla. Place on top of sandwich. You can paste the letter on with a little cream cheese if needed.
3. Put spinach in side dish. Cut hard boiled egg in half. Put decorative flowers around egg if wanted. Place on top of spinach. Cut the letters "MAY" out of nori. Set on top of egg.
4. Use small cutter to make flower shapes out of cheese. Place snap peas in second side dish. Arrange flower blossoms on top. Use bread scrap to make "dirt" at the bottom of the flowers.
5. Serve to someone in your life to show how much you care for them!