It's almost Valentine's Day so I thought I would make my daughter a fun but simple Valentine's lunch. It was Super Bowl Sunday yesterday so we had a great time watching the game at a party, but it left little time to make a lunch. You can literally make this lunch in 5-10 minutes. It would most likely take you that much time to make a school lunch anyway. so you might as well give your kid a surprise when they open up their lunchbox!
I made this meal in an Easy Lunch Boxes container with a Valentine's themed Lunchbox Love note. I also tried some new fruit snacks I received from Mott's. It's their new line of Mott's Fruity Centers made with real juice and natural flavors and colors. They should be available at your local grocery store right now.
Ingredients2 Pieces of bread
Natural fruit snacks
Lunchbox Love note
Directions1. Cut two heart shapes out of one piece of bread. Spread peanut butter and jam on the other slice and press both slices together to make a sandwich.
2. Slice strawberry in two and cut the top of the berry into a heart shape. Place strawberries into holes in bread. Spread a few sprinkles around the bread for decoration.
3. Place sandwich in main dish and surround with grapes.
4. In a side dish place Mott's fruit snacks. I used mainly red colored ones, but it is what came in one pouch.
5. Use a sharp knife to cut a heart from the red wax of a Babybel cheese round. Place in second side dish.
6. Finish lunch with a Valentine's themed Lunchbox Love note.