Disclosure: I was provided with this opportunity thanks to LifeOiL and Mommy Bag Marketing, Inc. They sent me this product to review and cook with. I also received other compensation for this post, however, the opinions I’m expressing here are solely my own.
The more I cook, the more I realize how important a good oil is to making good food. There is plenty of bad and cheap oil out there. The trick is to find an oil thats versatile enough to use for a variety of tasks, tastes great, but also can be healthier to use than your run of the mill vegetable oil. So when LifeOiL approached me about trying their healthier variety of oil, I was all for it.
LifeOiL says their oil is, "the first all-purpose cooking oil formulated with a natural blend of sunflower, safflower, and olive oil." It sounded healthy and I liked that it was cholesterol free, trans fat free, low in saturated fat and high in Vitamin E. You can read all about the health benefits HERE. The label passed my healthy parent test but would the LifeOiL pass the taste test?
I decided to give a bottle to some of my family members. My wife also needed oil to bake some Christmas treats for friends. She was highly impressed with the difference it made in her lemon bread, and I was more than happy to be her taste tester! The bread was fantastic. Other family members also found LifeOiL to be perfect for a number of different dishes.
I decided to work with Mary Huggett to come up a simple yet tasty holiday recipe. She is one of the best cooks I know and a great resource for me in the kitchen. I ask her advice on food ideas for Lunchbox Dad on a regular basis. She has helped out behind the scenes but she is now an official staff member on my blog and you will see her name from time to time helping on other recipes. We came up with an easy to make side dish that will work for a small family dinner or a large Christmas potluck. The results were fabulous. I could have eaten just the vegetables as the main dish! Try LifeOiL with this Simple Winter Roasted Vegetable Medley this week and there will be some new vegetable fans in your family! You can find LifeOiL in select Walmart locations as well as Albertsons grocery stores.
Simple Winter Roasted Vegetable Medley
(Serves 4-6 people)
--3 tablespoons LifeOiL
--3 tablespoons butter, melted
--1 teaspoon rosemary
--2 teaspoons thyme
--1 1/2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
--1 teaspoon sea salt
--1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
--3 pounds of mixed carrots, brussel sprouts, and various potatoes (I used red, purple, and white)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Stir together butter, rosemary, thyme, and fresh garlic. Add LifeOiL, sea salt, and pepper.
3. Clean and slice vegetables. They should all be roughly the same size pieces to allow them to cook uniformly. Place vegetable pieces in large bowl.
4. Pour LifeOiL mixture over vegetables and stir until they are evenly coated.
5. Place coated vegetables on cookie sheet in a single layer. Put cookie sheet in oven and stir vegetables every 10 minutes.
6. Roast vegetables for 30 minutes. Check to see if they are done by using a sharp knife. Knife should go through vegetables easily when done. If not done after 30 minutes, check every few minutes after that.
7. Place vegetables in serving bowl and enjoy immediately.
I hope you put LifeOiL to work for you this holiday season. You can learn more about LifeOiL at lifeoils.com and follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Please follow Lunchbox Dad on social media also. If you give this Simple Winter Vegetable Medley a try for Christmas, I guarantee your family will be wanting more!