This is a healthier alternative to some of the food that you will find at parties, but still fun, and still tasty. You can make this for 4 or 14 and it will still be easy and it will stick with the red, white, and blue theme of the day. This was made in a PlanetBox Shuttle lunch box.
--Hawaiian Rolls (trust me these are the ONLY buns to use on any slider)
--White cheese (American, Swiss, etc.)
1. Flatten ground turkey into a sheet and use kiddie cup or small cookie cutter to cut out small circle shape patties.
2. Season to taste and cook patties. Slice Hawaiian roll and put slider inside.
3. Slice tomatoes and cheese. Arrange on plate or
in container. Finish by placing an American flag
toothpick in each slider.
--Fat-free vanilla yogurt
--Blue food coloring
1. Pour desired amount of yogurt in bowl. Mix in blue food coloring 2 drops at a time until desired shade is made.
2. Place in individual bowls or large serving dish.
4th of July Fruit Kabobs
--1 piece of apple, 1 strawberry slice, and 3 blueberries for each kabob.
--Alternate apples, strawberries, and blueberries as you slide them onto each kabob stick.
--Make enough for 3 sticks for each person.
--For extra flair, cut apple slices into star shapes using vegetable cutter, cookie cutter, or just a knife!
Have fun on your 4th of July and make sure and check-in all summer long for Lunchbox Dad's Simple Summer. Plus there are some great giveaways and announcements coming so don't miss those. Keep up with everything on my Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and well you know the rest!