Have fun serving and eating your Curious George lunch!
As always, let me know what ingredients you would use that your kids would like. Remember to like us on Facebook (we almost have 200 likes in 2 weeks, awesome). Also check us out on Twitter and Pinterest. Spread the word about Lunchbox Dad and have fun connecting with your kids over lunch!
2 slices whole wheat bread
1 banana sliced
2 Tbsp. Nutella hazelnut spread
2 Tbsp. peanut butter
Yellow, blue, and red food coloring
3 grape tomatoes
5 strings of cheese
1 Tbsp. fat-free cream cheese
1 Tbsp. strawberry jam
1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
1 cup fresh spinach
- Slice 2 pieces of whole wheat bread in the shape of a Curious George monkey head. Using a knife or toothpick, spread Nutella (for the fur) on one piece as shown in the picture. Spread peanut butter on the other piece of bread and press together (Nutella side up!) to make the sandwich.
- Form cream cheese into small circles and place on the face to make the eyes.
- Cover bottom of container with fresh spinach leaves. Slice one banana and place pieces on top of spinach. Slice tomatoes in half and place them on bananas as balloons. Put strings of cheese under each tomato for the balloon strings.
- Take separate container and fill with yogurt (I use Greek yogurt). Carefully place strawberry jam on top of yogurt in a diamond shape.
- Mix equal parts red, yellow, and blue food coloring to make black. Use a toothpick to apply the black food coloring to create the details on George’s face and the kite as shown in the picture.