For Mulan herself, I cut her out of pancakes. We made them this weekend and I had it left over so I thought I would give it a shot. As always, shoot me your ideas and let me know what you would do different. Stay tuned for fun stuff coming this month! Remember to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
1 slice of a white cheese
1 green spinach tortilla wrap and 1 flour tortilla
1 Tbsp. fat-free cream cheese
1 small pancake
1 piece of nori
1 leaf of fresh spinach
Handful of strawberries
Yellow, blue, and red food coloring
- Cut out the shape of Mulan’s head from a pancake. Cut out the neck from the pancake scrap as shown in the picture.
- Cut the 1/4 avocado in two pieces for her robe. Cut out a small triangle of white cheese for her undershirt. Trim two long narrow rectangles from the spinach leaf. Cut a narrow rectangle from the flour tortilla for her belt. Put 2-3 drops of blue food coloring on it and spread it over the belt.
- Using the template as a guide cut out the two pieces of Mulan’s hair out of nori.
- Trim the green spinach wrap to fit the bottom of your container. Cut a tree branch out of the flour tortilla. Place the spinach wrap in the container first, followed by the tree branch as shown in the picture.
- Place the avocado pieces, cheese triangle, and neck piece where shown. Put Mulan’s square piece of hair down, then put the face piece on top, followed by the other hair piece. Place two small circles of cream cheese on her face for the eyes. Use the spinach pieces and blue tortilla to finish the robe and cover the seams made by the other parts of the robe.
- Use black food coloring and a toothpick, or food coloring marker, to draw the details on her face and body. Do the same using red for her lips. Mix yellow and red food coloring to make brown color for her eyes and dab on using a toothpick.
- Finish by placing the strawberries on the tree and blackberries on either side of her.