As always, let me know what you think and what you might use in this lunch for your child. Stay tuned for the big announcement in a day or two!
Please remember to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
2 fresh slices of whole wheat bread
Yellow, blue, and red food coloring and/or food coloring markers
1 small orange (mandarin, tangerine, etc.)
1 stick of string cheese
1/4 cup fat-free strawberry cream cheese
1 serving creamy peanut butter
5-7 raspberries (or similar berry)
2-3 leaves of iceberg lettuce
- Using template as a guide, cut Ralphie and the pink bunny suit out of a slice of bread. Repeat with a second piece of bread. Cover one slice with strawberry cream cheese. Spread peanut butter on the other slice. Press slices together into a sandwich with the cream cheese facing up. Cut a round piece of string cheese small enough to fit on the face of the of the bunny suit and place it on.
- Mix equal parts yellow, blue, and red food coloring in a small bowl to make the color black. Dip the end of a toothpick in the black coloring and use it to draw the details on the pink bunny suit and Ralphie’s face.
- Trim the remaining stick of string cheese to 1 1/2 inches long (this is the leg of the lamp). Cut a women’s high heel show shape out of the scrap. Stick the shoe to the bottom of the leg using a toothpick. Cut the lampshade out of half the orange using the picture as a guide.
- Using either the above method, or food coloring markers, fill in the shoe and draw lines on the leg and lampshade as shown in the picture.
- Place lettuce leaves in the container as background. Set in the sandwich, shaped like Ralphie, in the bunny suit. Lay the berries along the bottom in a line. Finally, place the string cheese and orange together, in the form of a lamp, right above the berries.