Thanks for starting the school year with me and following me on this project. Remember to check out my Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!
2 frozen slices of sourdough bread
Yellow, blue, and red food coloring
1 stick of string cheese
1 serving pretzels
1 handful of grapes
1 serving peanut butter
1 Tbsp. fat-free cream cheese
1 Tbsp. strawberry jam
- Using the template as a guide, cut The Cat in the Hat’s head out of the slices of bread. Repeat with his hat on one piece of bread. Spread peanut butter on one slice of the head and press both pieces together to make a sandwich.
- Make alternating lines of jam and cream cheese on the hat piece as shown in the picture.
- Mix equal parts yellow, blue, and red food coloring in a small bowl to make the color black. Dip the end of a toothpick in the black coloring and use it to draw the details on the Cat in the Hat’s face.
- Place head in container and put hat piece directly above head.
- Put strips of string cheese on the left of the cat. Place three strawberries on top of the cheese. Arrange grapes and pretzels to the right of the cat as shown in the picture.
- Slice a strawberry into three pieces. Finish by placing strawberry pieces in a bow tie shape on the cat’s neck, as shown in the picture.